Easy Author Image v1.5 Released

It’s been a while since the last update, but with a lot of people discussing problems they were having since updating to WP 3.8, an update to Easy Author Image was in order. As of right now, the plugin has been downloaded 6,445 times, and hopefully with this update, we’ll get up there to 10k in no time.

Big thanks to Chris McBride (Devonto.com) for the following 1.4 updates: Show an empty box when no image uploaded; Display the uploaded image when selected; Display the success message in red; Show a “delete” button to be able to remove the image. A lot of the WP 3.8 problems were in javascript files and functionality, and Chris managed to fix all that.

**UPDATE** Also had to push out a v1.5 to fix a JQuery bug that was found only after 1.4 was pushed to the repo. Oops!

You can download v 1.5 from your Plugins page automagically, or from the WordPress repository.

About Jesse Lawson

I develop, assess, and implement strategic research solutions for the social sciences by engineering management information systems, designing data mining solutions, and analyzing intelligence through the employment and integration of JavaScript, PHP, MySQL, R, and C/C++ across Nginx, Apache, NodeJS, and many other tools across the stack.
This entry was posted in Rant. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Easy Author Image v1.5 Released

1. imransherwani@gmail.com' Imran says:

Hi,

I recently started using your plugin, but post the new update v1.4 I am facing certain issues with the plugin, my users are not able to add their Images, and those who had previous to the update, are unable to change.

Regards,
    Imran Sherwani

• Jesse says:

Hi Imran,

I discovered a bug in 1.4 and have since pushed v1.5 to fix it. Please update your copy of the plugin and let me know if you are still having problems.

• ayme.nicolas@gmail.com' TP says:

Hi,

I’m also unable to upload a picture for my users with the release 1.5. The “upload” button is like disabled.

Cheers,
      TP

• Jesse says:

If you’re clicking on the upload button and nothing is happening, then something is preventing the javascript from being enqueued in the admin dashboard. What other plugins are you running that could do this? have you tried to uninstall the plugin completely and then reinstall it?

Please keep me updated — I want to help you resolve this.

2. matekstys@gmail.com' Matthew says:

Hi Jesse!

Godd stuff, thanks for your work. I am just having one issue after the update — all of my blog authors images in the author box became smaller in size; seems like its almost half smaller then before. What could cause this?

3. matekstys@gmail.com' Matthew says:

Jesse, please ignore my latest comment, as a realised I’ve increased image ratio in the plugin code before. Did the same now and it’s working fine. Thanks

4. joerg.klopsch@gmail.com' Jörg says:

Hello Jesse, your Plugin “Easy Author Image” Version 1.5 shows hidden email adresses from the comment writers as an ALT-Tag in content. Directly after the Gravatar URL. After deactivation of your plugin, the hidden email adresses are no more in open content. Check out my ‘website’ URL. I have written an article about that problem (in german only)